Karoon Gas’ core focus and strategy was to identify, explore and develop acreage that was highly prospective for oil and gas. Karoon’s objective for the website was to deliver a compelling web presence that reflected what they do in a more professional and corporate manner.
One of the core problems Karoon Gas faced was their online document management system that their key investors could access and key staff could manage.
- Staff manually needed to learn HTML skills to maintain their website, which led to an inconsistent look and feel, it was time consuming, and in some cases not meeting ASX regulations.
- Basic functionally would take days to update, access and manage the site.
- There was no clear management structure for managing resources and unmanaged workflow.
- After Karoon Gas decided on which layout they preferred, Protogen then prepared the CMS deployment in our Tier 1 data centre, in parallel with the CMS development and testing environments.
- The team also developed specific components (such as the ASX integration) and also transferred the initial content into the system to accelerate the ‘go live’.
- Once the team had been provided training manuals and had gone through instructor led training, they were provided access to the development environment and then handover to production was performed.
During this period the company share price grew from approximately $2/share to $11.99/share.